Can anyone identify?

Reaction score
Country
United States
d4d829a15949c0ac13fd3990dc36a768.jpg

I absolutely love this flower. Can anyone tell me what it is, and any more information about it. I want one of these, really bad.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
I agree with @alp.
It's a Primula (blue polyanthus, primrose.)

Although primulas tolerate direct sunlight and drought, they are best to grow and develop with moderate humidity in the light shade of trees

It multiplies by dividing the bush and seeds.
It is necessary to maintain the soil moisture, especially in spring, but do not allow water stagnation.

During the growing season, the plant needs additional nutrition. For this, ordinary manure is perfect.

The rhizome grows and gradually opens. To protect it from freezing during the winter and from drying out in the heat, it is necessary to pour the soil in the autumn to the bushes.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes. They are happiest in semi shaded or dappled shaded areas. I have found out that their cousin Primula auriculas like shady areas. I had great difficulty growing them. Until last year, I grouped them in shady areas and they have been growing like mad. It's such a stunning primula and if you plant it in the areas suggested by @Larisa , they will multiply and then you know that you have hit the jackpot! Bingo .. you will have babies by just teasing them apart ..

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Looks like alp and larisa have this figured out.

If you like the blue petals with the yellow center, I'd also recommend another plant called Stout Blue-eyed Grass. It's one of my favorite late-spring plants. Small but showy.

Ask a Question