Can anyone identify this plant and why it’s leaves are brown?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Also does anyone know why the leaves are turning brown? Is it wind burn or something else?
Thanks
F0BB24EA-D716-4F81-A61D-79A73F610E16.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United States
You have a Dracaena and they are mostly grown indoors in indirect light. Plant Never place a dracaena plant in direct sun, as the rays will scorch its foliage. I would stick to growing this plant in a container and as a houseplant, where most types grow quite well indoors.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you Oneeye. That’s very helpful.
Do you know of a palm or yucca that would be similar in height and shape. We want something tallish and tropical that likes sun most of the day.
Many thanks

Reaction score
Country
United States
Growing elephant ear plants is easy and they are very tropical. Canna is another plant that does well outdoor on patios. I don't know what your growing zone is, and so I'm guessing. For the very best recommendations go to your local greenhouse or nursery and ask for the best match with your growing conditions and growing zone. You have a very pretty start, and so I want you to get the very best recommendation from a professional horticulturist. Good luck and thanks for sharing.

Ask a Question