Can Anyone Identify These Insects?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello, So far my garden this year is not off to a great start, I have had problems with wind and temperature and now i have found a pest of some kind eating the underside of my tomato and pepper plants leaves and leaving a white foam. If someone could identify them and a possible treatment that would be great. Thanks!
34700124_10216898477283279_7309871369552920576_n.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello, So far my garden this year is not off to a great start, I have had problems with wind and temperature and now i have found a pest of some kind eating the underside of my tomato and pepper plants leaves and leaving a white foam. If someone could identify them and a possible treatment that would be great. Thanks!View attachment 38389
What you have going on is caused by an insect called a Spittlebug. They are a sucking insect but unless you have multitudes of them they really aren't all that harmful. If you want to eliminate them use a spinosad based insecticide.

Ask a Question