Can’t figure out these things!!

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Please see picture! (Sorry for the picture taken of a picture) Many VERY tiny whiteish bugs on table below newly bought houseplant and more similar crawling in soil. They are very small, close to 1 mm.
The ones that show up on the table don’t move much but some of them crawl around very slowly. The ones I saw in the potted soil look about the same but move faster and have slightly longer antennae.
I thought maybe root aphid larva but I repotted the plant and inspected the roots and found none of the fuzz or bigger fat aphids. Roots look healthy.
I thought springtails but these ones don’t seem to jump and they seem to only be below soil line.
I put our sticky traps in case they could fly but nothing appeared on them and I haven’t seen anything flying around! Nothing to be seen on the leaves of the plant and the plant shows no signs of distress right now.
Plant is quarantined but I would like to bring it out but I want to make sure this isn’t something that will infest and kill all my other plants. Any insight appreciated!! Thanks very much.
DB211FDC-0C1D-4044-9D61-CA6A691899EC.jpeg

Ask a Question