camellias problems :( :( :(

Reaction score
Country
Malta
hi i need advice on my camellias .. blooms falling they are ok watered..one is red camellia japonica red opening half blooms falling and one nuccios pearl japonica blooms not open and falling..any help and advice pls?? photos attached..they are situated in internal yard..
camelia  red.jpg
camelia nuccios pearl.jpg
camellias internal yard.jpg
camellias internal yard.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sometimes the buds will drop off if the compost is too wet, or it could be because the temperature has fluctuated too much. another reason could be that your plant makes too many flowers, and it could be a natural way to get rid of a few to help the plant. I wonder if enough sunlight gets into that garden? These plants can tolerate some shade, but they do like some sunshine

Reaction score
Country
United States
Your Camellia japonica cvs. are dropping unopened or partly opened buds.This might be due to a watering or drainage issue. You say they are "watered well", so probably not underwatering. What type of soil are they planted in and how saturated does it remain after watering? A cold snap could also cause bud drop or damage.This is unlikely in Malta, but possible.

Note, this is one of three nearly identical threads.

Ask a Question