Calathea Spots and Leaf Curling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any ideas what might be wrong with my calathea? I’ve done some reading online and there’s such a wide range of things, any advice would be appreciated! There are a couple of yellow/beige spots and some curling crinkled leaves.

BBF98057-D95F-4E78-A658-3A98D80DAA5A.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Good timing. With Calathea plants, leaf wilting, browning, or leaf curl almost always stem for too much or too little water. Their root system can be very sensitive with it comes to too much or too little water How often do you water your plants? How do you know when to water it? Calathea plants need bright, but not direct, sunlight to grow. How much lighting is the plant receiving?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks. The plant gets good indirect sunlight and we water it about once every 4-5 days when the soil looks dry. I also try and mist the leaves and every couple of days.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Add a extra day between waterings and see if that helps, and use lukewarm, or room temperature water to water with. Check back in a couple or a few days if it doesn't get better. I wouldn't cut any of the damaged leaves off until they wither completely.

Ask a Question