Calamondin Tree Leaves falling

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Hello! I don't know if any of you can help me, but I purchased a citrus tree (calamondin variety) in April and a few weeks ago I noticed the leaves were falling. Right now it has almost no leaves. I water it weekly, fertilize it, etc... I read it could be due to changes in temperature and we've been having temperatures of around 35ºC here in Portugal... Maybe that's why? I'll insert a photo to illustrate the problem. I have no idea what to do.

Attachments

• WIN_20200720_14_51_23_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20200720_14_51_23_Pro.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 106
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I would say a lack of sunlight if it lives where the picture was taken. They need direct sunlight, at a minimum 6 hours per day.

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I would say a lack of sunlight if it lives where the picture was taken. They need direct sunlight, at a minimum 6 hours per day.
Ah ok... I put it there because it's facing east and it gets the morning sun, since the leaflet that came with it said to not expose to direct sunlight but to place it on a window. I will try some putting it in some other place, thank you!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Ah ok... I put it there because it's facing east and it gets the morning sun, since the leaflet that came with it said to not expose to direct sunlight but to place it on a window. I will try some putting it in some other place, thank you!
That leaflet meant that the little tree should not be exposed to full direct sunlight all at once. It should be gradually acclimated to full direct sunlight.

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
That leaflet meant that the little tree should not be exposed to full direct sunlight all at once. It should be gradually acclimated to full direct sunlight.
It's now outside on my south facing terrace. Thank you very much!

Ask a Question