Cactus?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
I'm not sure if this is a cactus, but it has very large thorns. The store owner who we bought this plant from told us that it is indeed a cactus. Can someone ID this? Thanks in advance!

2mwcdnm.jpg

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is a cactus, but it has very large thorns. The store owner who we bought this plant from told us that it is indeed a cactus. Can someone ID this? Thanks in advance!

I would agree - your plant is very definitely the cactus Euphorbia Milii commonly known as Euphorbia Crown of Thorns.

They are very popular where I live as they are extremely easy to care for and look like this when in full bloom

Euphorbia Milii - Euphorbia Crown of Thorns.jpg

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
What an interesting plant, I have never seen this in my area. The flowers are very pretty.

Reaction score
I'd agree it's an Euphorbia milii, I have seen plenty of them where I live, in a neighbor's garden. Beautiful and extremely exotic plants if you ask me. Kinda weird looking for a succulent, IMO.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Thank you to everyone who helped! It's true that it is very easy to care for this plant. We don't water it every day, and just let it be. If we want to replant it, we just cut off a stem then plant it. Voila! I didn't know that it can have that many flowers, too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I didn't know that this plant is called Euphorbia Milii. It's always nice to learn something new:)
It looks very unique and pretty!:) Does it bloom often?

Ask a Question