Buying Stuff On-line.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I finally ordered some sticky rug gripper from John Lewis, for the spare bit of carpet we keep next to the French windows as it "creeps."

I received an e-mail this morning to say it would be arriving today.
For increased security they included a photo of the person who would be delivering it.
It's a very good precaution, but it made me smile.

This is the photo of Shannon,

shannon.png

She calls a few times a week with my wife's shopping channel purchases and has done for a few years.
I won't say she brings a lot, but she and my wife swop birthday. Christmas cards and presents.

She's a very hard worker, works long hours, she has a toddler her mother looks after during the day.
She was quite adventurerous, served in the army for a while. Like many young women she's into tatoos. She went to New York to visit a particular tatooist. She has several, but only visible if she wears a sleaveless top.

She's presently restoring a thirty year-old sport car "in her spare time."

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I finally ordered some sticky rug gripper from John Lewis, for the spare bit of carpet we keep next to the French windows as it "creeps."
Remember those filler pieces for magazines that consisted of totally useless pieces of advice? One that stuck 'Don't throw away that leaking old hot water bottle, cut up and sewn to the bottom of a rug it can prevent creeping.'
Bet you wish you had thought of that before you went throwing your money around :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Remember those filler pieces for magazines that consisted of totally useless pieces of advice? One that stuck 'Don't throw away that leaking old hot water bottle, cut up and sewn to the bottom of a rug it can prevent creeping.'
Bet you wish you had thought of that before you went throwing your money around :)

This stuff is brilliant. It's not cheap but it's effective. We've the same carpet throught the house, but we've four 6ft x 4ft rugs in front of sofas etc. with this stuff under them. We've an 8ft x 3ft remnant of the same carpet up against the French windows for protection for the times we go in and out of them if it's damp. But the thing keeps creeping. So I got round to order a piece for it.

Ask a Question