Bunnies

Reaction score
My mom has a vendetta against bunnies. They eat her clover plant and some of her other plants, her garden is too small to put a fence around without it obscuring her plants. She doesn't want to put any kind of poison, because she doesn't want kill them, she just wants them to stay away. We've tried putting cat pee out there, but that also didn't work. And we also don't want to kill the plants, of course, is there any natural way to keep bunnies away?

Reaction score
I do empathise with your mum. There are web-sites which list plants that rabbits don't eat - allegedly. It is a starting place & you just have to try different ones & grow what you find survives. Euphorbias are one genus they tend to leave alone. Bigger shrubby stuff with tougher stems is less vulnerable. I have used old horse-bag frames or upside down hanging baskets over special young plants which do keep them safe until they get bigger & taller. Good luck!

Reaction score
Sounds like a real problem.. I would have thought cat pee would have deterred the bunnies. We used to have bunnies at home they would never cross the doggie pee boundary which my father put to keep the bunnies away from the dogs side of the garden and the lettuces which grew there. I would be interested to follow this thread to see if there are better suggestion offered.

Ask a Question