Built a little 3 Point Hitch Planter for my LS MT125 Tractor

Rider7767

Tony's Tractor Adventure
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I just finished building a little 3 point hitch planter for my LS MT125. I hate I have to wait until spring to try it out. Here are the pictures and video links.
IMG_20171223_180808.jpg IMG_20171223_180848.jpg IMG_20171223_180858.jpg IMG_20171223_180903.jpg

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks for adding these two excellent videos; i'm always interested in metalwork like this. You appear to be using a MIG welder? I've never used a MIG mine is an 180A Bantam (Oxford) oil cooled arc welder.

The extra bracing you added will as you say strengthen the two main bars where most needed and better to do this at this stage; adding grease nipples will save work long term and encourage you to apply the grease gun often; lubrication of moving parts is often neglected so well done. The paint job looks decent too; is this machinery enamel? (y)

Kind regards, Colin.

Rider7767

Tony's Tractor Adventure
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Hi,

Thanks for adding these two excellent videos; i'm always interested in metalwork like this. You appear to be using a MIG welder? I've never used a MIG mine is an 180A Bantam (Oxford) oil cooled arc welder.

The extra bracing you added will as you say strengthen the two main bars where most needed and better to do this at this stage; adding grease nipples will save work long term and encourage you to apply the grease gun often; lubrication of moving parts is often neglected so well done. The paint job looks decent too; is this machinery enamel? (y)

Kind regards, Colin.
I just got a new Hobart Mig Welder. It helps with better welds. I will do a video on this at some point. I am using New Holland blue machinery enamel for sure. It is easy to work with and drys better in cool weather. It is tough as well. I plan on putting the grease fittings in over the next few days. It is cold here and I will not plant for 4 more months.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Wow! That is awesome. You must have a large area to plant. If I was to use one of those, I would need one in the "dinky" version - my gardens are very small.

Are you going to show video in the spring when you are able to use it? That would be really interesting to see. :)

Rider7767

Tony's Tractor Adventure
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Wow! That is awesome. You must have a large area to plant. If I was to use one of those, I would need one in the "dinky" version - my gardens are very small.

Are you going to show video in the spring when you are able to use it? That would be really interesting to see. :)
Thank you. I sure will make a video. I really love gardening. My garden is pretty big and gets bigger each year. I retired from the Army after 30 years and never had a place to garden. I am making up for lost time. My Mom taught me how to can food last year. My wife and I had a blast canning. Those canned beans were great on Thanksgiving day.

Ask a Question