Build a Greenhouse?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would like to build a greenhouse due to I think it will be cheaper and more fun if I do it myself. How would one go about building the cheapest, most efficient greenhouse?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Budget: Cheapest possible haha
Size: Walk in, but not huge as I have new to gardening
Skills: Practically a carpenter ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Sorry. Cheapest doesn't provide any parameters. I researched a lot and finally settled on a Palram kit as the cheapest option for me. But then I don't have a lot of woodworking skills.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
After considering the MANY options "out there" and watching a wheel barrow load of greenhouse construction YouTube videos, we decided on the Harbor Freight 10x12 greenhouse.....then we waited until we received, via email, a 20% off one item coupon. we saved $160.....bringing the final cost down to less than $450.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Lori, the bad reviews, it seems now that I have it up, appears to have been experienced because of poor foundation, anchoring and put-together skills (can't take shortcuts). Our's has already gone through some strong winds and storms with absolutely NO issues.

Last edited:

Ask a Question