Buicks on the bricks (Flint Mi.) 2019

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A thru 5B
Buicks on the bricks refurs to Buicks being showen on Water street Flint mi in the GM factory one area. Show is the 17 of August after two weeks of lead up. First tune up parties in several of the surrounding small towns of Flint.
then a week of doings from a chance to run your car down a 1/4 mile dray way, two days of rolling cruises from Flint to Grand Blanc. A night of a drive in movie (american graffiti showing) and a consert tonight (friday) Down town Flint.

As far as I know all owners of Buicks have been invited. I know I passed out flyers my self to Buick owners at the St Johns Michigan Mint fest car show.

I met 4 sisters there who all own a Buick Riveria 71's, a 72 and a 73 model year. Very nice ladies who said they are going to attend. Told me they will be arriveing later than we will about 8:00AN ESDST.

We will be arriving about 5:00 to 6:00 AM ESDST. We will be one of the first to sample the free coffee in Factory # 1.
While the Buicks will be on water street and the more refined crowd, the hord will be on Saginaw street with about 650 other brands of cars and trucks on display.

2018 Water street. We are right in front of Factory # 1.

The hord on Saginaw street. 2018

:D Al

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A thru 5B
Arrived at 5:45 AM and got a decent spot to park sandwiched between a silver 1966 Riveria GS and a white 1984 Riveria.

Car was covered with dew so waited a bit then gave it a quick slick mist wipe down. and sat back to enjoy people watching and see the cars drive by for the lot across the street from Factory one as they arrived.

Along about 7:00 went searching for a cup of coffee and found it at the social club, I was told they call it today but is mostly ran by vets and their wives.

Walked back to thre car and settled down to sip on the coffee and a tall lanky guy walks up and says HI Al. I had met him almost 3 years ago at a Friday night down town cruise when I was forced to park in the pit behind the secretary of state office in Davison Mi.
Back then he stopped and asked, Is this Earls car. Ya sort of in a way it is, It was realy Earls Wifes car.

So he tells me his name is Al and is the sales man that ordered the car for Mom and dad and a few more aftwards.
He went home and made up a package of Material for us back then, Ariel picture of the dealer ship that is no longet there. Pictures of Dad takeing Delivery of his 92 Park Avenue, the 98 Park and the 2004 Park.
The LeSabre plate our Buick now wears on the front.

Al had heard we had got the car painted and has been trying to catch us ever since to see it. We chatted a good amount of time and we walked down to see his 91 Reatta convertable.

Hopefully I will have the show pictures done tomorrow.

:D Al

Ask a Question