Brown thumb

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone!!

I am super new to gardening and have had many failed attempts of just "winging it" in the past, to the point I often refer to myself as having a brown thumb. I'm trying to turn over a new leaf and research and try to put more effort into them. Currently I am mostly trying to learn about house plants as our flower beds outside are a mess.

Currently I have three plants in my office: Flaming flower (not sure what the real name is, some kind of lily) and two African violets (one solid pink and one solid purple). OH and I have a leaf cutting of a white African violet I stole from a friend I'm trying to plant.

In my house I have: a rescued spider plant from the clearance rack of lowes, some kind of big orchid my husband bought me, and another African violet. I do have a Jade and a sciffelera but I think I may have killed them this spring by accidentally leaving them out and it frosted. I've been trying to nurse them back to health but I may be fighting a losing battle here!

Can't wait to "meet" everyone and learn more!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome OpieDoodle. :) I'm hopeless with house plants that flower but many of our friends here will be happy to give you advice.

Ask a Question