Brown Spotting on Truly Tiny Musa Banana Tree

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have an indoor Truly Tiny Musa Banana. I live in a very cold climate so I do my best to keep it's indoor environment as close to tropical as I can with a humidifier going until night and regular watering, about once a week when top soil is dried out and kept in the sunniest window I have. It's thrived so far and constantly produced new leaves. It was put in this pot when I got the plant and I am wondering if it should be repotted? I got it last summer and I am concerned with some brown spots I am noticing around the edges of certain leaves. I've attached some pictures and would appreciate any advice on what might be wrong with the plant or if the spotting is normal. The spots are not too dark, yet at least, which is why I just noticed it.

Attachments

• bananatree1.jpeg
    bananatree1.jpeg
    154.5 KB · Views: 72
  • bananatree2.jpeg
    bananatree2.jpeg
    92.8 KB · Views: 72
  • bananatree3.jpeg
    bananatree3.jpeg
    160.7 KB · Views: 64
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You are overwatering your plant - a common mistake to make during the cold months. Let it dry out and rest, and repot when the weather warms up. It is quite usual for plants to 'rest' in the winter.

Reaction score
Country
United States
You are overwatering your plant - a common mistake to make during the cold months. Let it dry out and rest, and repot when the weather warms up. It is quite usual for plants to 'rest' in the winter.

thanks for the advice!! I’ll let it rest for a while before watering again.

Ask a Question