Brown spots on watermelon leaves :(

Reaction score
Country
United Arab Emirates
I’m extremely new to gardening and I just planted my watermelon seedlings.. they were doing fine until I transplanted them into a bigger pot.. I have one left that I haven’t transplanted and it has no brown spots, but the other three that I transplanted all got these brown spots and the leaves fell off.. I live in an extremely hot climate and high humidity but I read that watermelons love these conditions.. I suspect it might be burning but it doesn’t make sense that the one I didn’t transplant has no spots even though it’s in the same area. I would appreciate help of any kind.

Reaction score
Country
United Arab Emirates
826184D7-41FD-4072-83A0-D665E13EC63E.jpeg
29DE29CD-D37B-4A6A-8D5B-68617EC3ADA0.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I think your little plant is starving for one thing. I have never grown a watermelon that yellow. Seed starter is pretty barren stuff though. They need quite a bit of fertilizer by the way. The plant is amazingly fast growing and has huge fruits so that takes a lot of energy, and micronitrients (vitamins if you will) and water, but not more than moist soil. There are vegatable fertilizer like eapoma or jobes vegetable fertilizer that can set you right up.

Reaction score
Country
United Arab Emirates
I think your little plant is starving for one thing. I have never grown a watermelon that yellow. Seed starter is pretty barren stuff though. They need quite a bit of fertilizer by the way. The plant is amazingly fast growing and has huge fruits so that takes a lot of energy, and micronitrients (vitamins if you will) and water, but not more than moist soil. There are vegatable fertilizer like eapoma or jobes vegetable fertilizer that can set you right up.
Great! Thank you so much. I’ll try that.

Ask a Question