Brown Grass

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have been noticing the grass turning brown and it seems to be expanding. It has been raining here for 2 days a nice steady rain still the grass has not turned green. Any ideas what might be wrong. It is also doing it in the back yard.

Attachments

• IMG_0138.jpg
    IMG_0138.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0139.jpg
    IMG_0139.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0140.jpg
    IMG_0140.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 116
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
In Canada? What kind of grass is it?

I am NO expert, just curious. Perhaps a fungus? Others here that know a thousand times more than I do should be able to help.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has your weather been hot and sunny recently? If your grass has been scorched it may have gone into dormant mode (like me at the moment) If that`s the case it will take a bit longer than two days of rain to pick up.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Has your weather been hot and sunny recently? If your grass has been scorched it may have gone into dormant mode (like me at the moment) If that`s the case it will take a bit longer than two days of rain to pick up.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Thanks I was working on reseeding perhaps I do not need to do that. It has been very hot and humid all summer.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having run a camping site for a number of years I`ve seen plenty of bare patches on my 4 acres of grass. It has always grown back all on it`s own as long as I wait for it to happen, and it doesn`t grow overnight. One year there was hardly a green blade to be seen, but when the weather changed and it came out of the dormant mode it greened up again with no trouble at all.
The general rule is to raise the blades on the mower, and use a mulching deck, and that feeds the munched up clippings back in for nourishment.

Ask a Question