Brocs and cabbage

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
they told me at the feed and garden center that the brocs and cabbage plants will be in 3rd mon. in aug. - who else is goin with that time frame ??

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
Too early for me in East Texas. I'll be looking at third week of September at the earliest.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Plant sellers always bring in their plants a little early, I guess to give folks time to get their gardens ready or to let the plants acclimate to the climate. I am in 8b and I try for somewhere around mid October. I just now started planting my fall crop seeds.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The temp here at 6:52 PM your time is 97. We cannot know what the weather is going to be a month from now, all we can go by are averages. You should look up the average temps for your area to have a better idea of when to plant. Planting cole crops when it is too hot leads to small fruit so I am a believer in waiting until it cools down a little. Days to harvest on broccoli on average is about 65 days and cabbage about 90 and both of the plants like a light freeze

Ask a Question