Bright and Shine

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yesterday I went out to the garden and to my surprise, I see these beautiful yellow daffodils all opened and cheery. It is now officially Spring in my world. I was so happy to see them shine like the sun.

IMG_4403.JPG

HAPPY SPRING! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
They're beautiful!!:) Just looking at them puts me in a good mood. Spring is such a gorgeous season.
I bought myself miniature daffodils yesterday:love:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They're beautiful!!:) Just looking at them puts me in a good mood. Spring is such a gorgeous season.
I bought myself miniature daffodils yesterday:love:

I love mini daffodils too! I am waiting to have warmer temperature before I am hitting a garden center to see what else is new this year. Although the daffodils are up, it is still quite chilly out there.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
The buds do look like a bright bit of sunshine. It is gray and raining here today, your sunshine is a nice picture to see early in the morning. Thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The buds do look like a bright bit of sunshine. It is gray and raining here today, your sunshine is a nice picture to see early in the morning. Thanks for sharing.

We had four consecutive days of rain and strong wind too, so when it was finally lifted, I saw them all open and smiling. They do make me feel quite cheerful too :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
For us, we just had the tulips start blooming. My husband actually cut a couple yesterday and brought inside for me. They are so pretty, and have lifted my spirit so much. It's been a long, cold, icy, wet winter for us. It's so good to see things start to sprout and bloom, and for the grass to start greening up. In fact, we had to cut the grass on Saturday.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
For us, we just had the tulips start blooming. My husband actually cut a couple yesterday and brought inside for me. They are so pretty, and have lifted my spirit so much. It's been a long, cold, icy, wet winter for us. It's so good to see things start to sprout and bloom, and for the grass to start greening up. In fact, we had to cut the grass on Saturday.

I can see lot of tulip leaves in my garden but their leaves are wrinkles, and haven't seen any stems yet. I love purple tulips and bought one for the garden last year, but the squirrels seemed to dig them all up last year. I am waiting anxiously to see if any of them survive this year.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I can see lot of tulip leaves in my garden but their leaves are wrinkles, and haven't seen any stems yet. I love purple tulips and bought one for the garden last year, but the squirrels seemed to dig them all up last year. I am waiting anxiously to see if any of them survive this year.
About 10 years ago, I was redoing my garden (we had moved to a new house) and I ordered over 1,000 tulips and planted them all. Boy, was it a chore to plant that many, but I just knew they would be so beautiful in the Spring. I knew that they would get me out of the wintertime doldrums. Anyway, as you described, they started to come up, the leaves unfurled and they were days away from blooming. I came out the next day, and the deer had eaten them all!! They did leave 1 or 2 clumps that I'd planted right next to the front door, but that was all. Oh well, you live and learn I guess. Luckily, there aren't any deer here to eat them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I love daffodils! I miss my homestate. There's generally the daffodil festival in Feb/March that's followed by the tulip festival in Mt Vernon. Those are nice and cheerful! Glad to see that spring's hit your area haha.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I love daffodils! I miss my homestate. There's generally the daffodil festival in Feb/March that's followed by the tulip festival in Mt Vernon. Those are nice and cheerful! Glad to see that spring's hit your area haha.
I see you mentioned Mt. Vernon - was with in the Washington, DC area, at the home of George Washington. I remember going there as a kid and they had the most wonderful, colonial gardens.

Garden Kitchen
mt vernon 1.jpg

Formal garden
mt vernon 4.jpg

Another image of the formal gardens
mt vernon 6.jpg

Flower garden
mt vernon 5.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Galmal, these gardens are absolutely beautiful! I want to see them in person! The flowers in the last picture are stunning, I'm sure they smell heavenly good:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Ooh that's really pretty! Sorry to confuse you...I was talking about Mt Vernon in WA state, but yeah the colonial gardens are gorgeous! I tend to confuse people with WA state and DC because both areas share a lot of similarly named towns, ect. XP. I see the last pic has irises, daffodils and tulips!

Ask a Question