Breathless Rose

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
051e0501dc64dda520d12b9b80d92e41.jpg

Osiria Rose found on pinterest

Reaction score
Much as I hate to be the bringer of bad news - unfortunately - although the popularity of this silver and red rose has remained extremely high since it was first introduced via social media several years ago - I have to say that if you are dreaming of having one of these roses in your garden you will be very disappointed to know that - its extremely hard to get hold of - as apart from one nursery in the UK - almost all of the many of the nurseries that were originally selling this rose have now discontinued it - for these reasons

https://palatineroses.com/rose/osiria

However - the good news is that - as " Osiria " isn't quite the color as shown in the above picture - in real life - there are quite a few alternatives that look very similar to this rose - such as

" Nostalgia "

Roses - Nostalgia.jpg

" Dick Clark "

Rose - Dick Clark Floribunda.jpg

" Double Delight "

Roses - Double Delight in full bloom.jpg

and especially " Snowfire " with its silvery under petals

Roses -Snowfire.jpg

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
No it is not bad news, I can still look at the pictures. This year I plain to add more roses to my yard and add more color to the yard.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oh my gosh, these beautiful roses are just so gorgeous and literally took my breath away. You guys know just how to cheer up my world this morning, as we are into the 5th day of rain and gloomy like you can't imagine!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It's a very pretty and unique looking rose, Pat. I like it:) One of my miniature roses had red and white flowers too.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I am dreaming of having a rainbow rose in my garden. I bought some seeds and have handed them over to a friend who is more adept with such things. Keeping my fingers crossed.

800px-Rainbow_Rose_(3366550029).jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sorry Grouie but sadly your rainbow rose doesn't exist and probably never will, it has been dyed or the photo has been altered. The seed that you have will produce an ordinary rose.

This seed has been selling on the internet for a number of years and unfortunately people are being cheated out of their money!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I'm sorry Grouie but sadly your rainbow rose doesn't exist and probably never will, it has been dyed or the photo has been altered. The seed that you have will produce an ordinary rose.

This seed has been selling on the internet for a number of years and unfortunately people are being cheated out of their money!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
They sent me a second lot. I went through eBay. May be I should send them a report on my failure. Thanks for bringing this to my notice. Surprising that there are so many who are selling on eBay and no one has taken any action.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
I think Ebay has been ignoring the situation as they have here on the British site. Perhaps it will take many complaints from people before they do anything about the sellers. I'm sorry that you and many other people have been conned.

Ask a Question