Brazilian joyweed wilting

Reaction score
Country
United States
My Brazilian joyweed is fairly established, but it's been wilting and losing leaves lately. I water it thoroughly about once a week. The water drains out the bottom. I've noticed the soil is very very hard and compacted. I know they prefer a loamy soil but I'm not sure if I should break it up or leave it alone, water it more or less... Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Country
United States
16706948765023644731439078884205.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's usually inside but I put it outside when I water and to sort of give it some fresh air when the weather's nice.

Reaction score
Country
United States
No, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was. If so, should I untangle it and repot it in a larger container? I'm very amateur at this, but my experience with repotting thus far is that it either immediately makes the plant perk right up or kills it ASAP. I'm not sure what I'm doing right/wrong, there.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
No, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was. If so, should I untangle it and repot it in a larger container? I'm very amateur at this, but my experience with repotting thus far is that it either immediately makes the plant perk right up or kills it ASAP. I'm not sure what I'm doing right/wrong, there.
If it is root bound all you do is get a larger container and a little more potting soil. Put a couple of inches in the bottom of the new container, place the plant in it and then fill in the empty sides of the new container with the new potting soil, put a little plant food on top, water it in and PRESTO, a happy plant again. But, in any case, it still needs to be fed as I notice off color yellowish leaves. It should perk up within a day.

Ask a Question