Boston Fern

Reaction score
Country
Australia
My boston fern is relatively healthy. It's hanging in the bathroom with indirect light, not over watered, gets fed with nutrients, nitrogen and is trimmed, but i seem to be getting white edges on the some of the leaves as pictured. I am not sure what the white on the edges is indicating. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_3412.JPG
    IMG_3412.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_3411.JPG
    IMG_3411.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 85
Reaction score
Country
United States
Fertilizer is causing the tip discoloration. Cut the nitrogen because ferns use only a tiny bit and have no need for excess. I have seen ferns stay in the same pot for 10 years without a single feeding. When you water, water until you get water to come out the bottom. Use RO or filtered water and run a little out the bottom, not much just about 1 cup in the drain tray. Catch the water, but don't let the fern sit in it. Do it maybe two times, then water regular using filtered water. When the plant returns to normal you can cut the dis-colored fronds off.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Fertilizer is causing the tip discoloration. Cut the nitrogen because ferns use only a tiny bit and have no need for excess. I have seen ferns stay in the same pot for 10 years without a single feeding. When you water, water until you get water to come out the bottom. Use RO or filtered water and run a little out the bottom, not much just about 1 cup in the drain tray. Catch the water, but don't let the fern sit in it. Do it maybe two times, then water regular using filtered water. When the plant returns to normal you can cut the dis-colored fronds off.
Ahh ok. Thanks for the tip, i will certainly cut back!
cheers

Reaction score
Country
United States
Check this out you will get your answer from here

Boston Fern (Nephrolepis Exaltata) Indoor Care Guide​

The Complete Guide to Growing the Boston Fern Houseplant

Ask a Question