Booboo with lawn - urgent advice please

Rcb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all ,

over the weekend I took up the kids pool , dead grass , so I decided to replace with turf - wow ,didn’t realise how much hard work that was with a spade - well , I watched a you tube video last night with a lawn expert from Florida , who advised ‘ if there’s only one thing you should do to all novice gardeners cover lawn with 3 in 1 treatment don’t be nervous , can’t go wrong’ he advised , so popped into shop hurriedly today , busy with kids , so -my own fault - grabbed a 4-1 treatment as I couldn’t see a 3-1 - quickly read no kids on grass for 1 week , lush green grass after 7 days , so covered whole lawn ( including new lawn & seeded area ) - read packet after, then amazon reviews - ‘Wally I realise now ‘- help- should I go out into the garden now to try to rinse off or wait to see if the rain tomorrow (due rain / lightening ) turns the lawn black / kills grass - I put the whole lot on the grass - there was 25% extra - it’s evergreen 4-1- kicking myself , advice much appreciated , I’m new to gardening -Thanks Rach

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can you post a photo of the lawn and a photo of what you used?

Rcb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi One Eye ,
Many thanks for taking the time to reply - packet gone , but attached photo Shows the same / similar product , tg I didn’t buy a seed spreader machine - lawn area treated applied by hand started to darken , I’ve watered ++ after talking to someone at the garden centre - I had seeded / applied top soil in certain areas , but I’ll wait 8 weeks to reseed - what do you think ? Advice much appreciated, Rach
0D265231-CA2C-452D-8072-656D2CF68F9C.png
3E538AC2-45B7-40CC-A08B-7CA1B0D93DDE.jpeg
B00A0D60-FE54-4771-A117-644585AB95FA.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United States
There's nothing you can do once it hits the ground.. Always use a spreader so you can measure the output of the prills. The stuff above has recommendations I would consider to be way too much. They want you to use their product 4 times a year and I think that is way too much product for any lawn. Let's stand back and watch what happens with only one application and see if it helps or hurts the lawn. Let it detox over the next few weeks and please keep me posted. There are better organic fertilizers that are much safer and applied only two times a year.

Rcb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi One Eye ,

Thank you so much for your time , I appreciate your advice .I’ll definitely stick to organic products from now and read the labels / use spreader machine - tbh I’ll do a test patch in the future - tg it’s raining - Thanks Rach

Ask a Question