Bonjour :)

Reaction score
Country
France
Hi everyone,

I'm a french "gardener insider" and i live in south of France with my girlfriend in a small flat that we want "greener" !
To do this we started to get some indoor plants given by friends and family, and now i want to learn more things to take care of these living things :)

My interest started last year when i kept an avocado pits in a plastic cup with water on my desk after lunch at work.
Colleagues were laughing at me until the first roots and leaves appeared (then they were so jealous ahah).
I loved the result and now this little tree it is still growing in a bigger pot :D

IMG-20190721-WA0001.jpeg
IMG_20200904_124358.jpg

I chose to mix the useful with the pleasant by sharing this passion in English with you so that i can practice.
If you have any interest about France (food, tourism, etc ...) and want to discuss about it i'm here ! ;)

Reaction score
Country
France
Thank you @Silentrunning and yes you are right about this too. If you know the best kind of plants to purify air i'm interested ^^

Hi @LouisFerdinand ! Yes i'm interested by history and French royal history too but i don't have much knowledges about it. What i love the most in history (and royal history) is being in places marked by the past. For example when i lived in Paris last year, i used to visit and come back many times to Castles and gardens around (for example i used to run along Versailles gardens, and other places like the castle of Vincennes, ... sadly empty but with beautiful architectures and magic little details like the wooden ceiling still intact in the little wardrobe room of Charles V's Queen). This spring in Paris, a friend (student in art history who love Royal history and knows much things about it) lead me to the exact place where Louis XVI died, i like to be in this kind of places and think about the events. One day i would like to visit fields where battles happened like Azincourt and others, to feel and imagine other scenes of the past ^^.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums sherlock_hedgehog. :)

I also have an interest in history, but sorry I know very little about French history, and only if it 'connects' with British history which I read a great deal about. My favourite era is between the years 500 - 1400 AD.

Reaction score
Country
France
Thank you Sheal :)

So you must know the history of the 100 years war well !
I watched a documentary about it and i learned much things (we learn so few at school about history).

What surprised me the most is that when i was young i was thinking naively like "the english were the bad guys invading France and the french the good guys" ahah but in the end this documentary showed that's more complicated :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
It's a long time since I've read about it so it's become vague in my old brain. :D A tumultuous time for both Britain and France with the war swinging backwards and forwards between our countries. The Black Death plague happened during that time too - it's quite difficult to imagine the suffering that both populations endured for such a long time.

What surprised me the most is that when i was young i was thinking naively like "the english were the bad guys invading France and the french the good guys"

I think that was probably instilled in us all at the time. Any country would support it's own point of view first and it's not until more in depth study is done we realise it wasn't all one sided.

I learnt very little about history at school too, the subject matter being very limited, and I have to admit it wasn't a subject I was interested in at the time. My love of history came much later and it's all I read now. For the last couple of years my reading has been about Viking invasions of Britain.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
Thank you @Silentrunning and yes you are right about this too. If you know the best kind of plants to purify air i'm interested ^^

Hi @LouisFerdinand ! Yes i'm interested by history and French royal history too but i don't have much knowledges about it. What i love the most in history (and royal history) is being in places marked by the past. For example when i lived in Paris last year, i used to visit and come back many times to Castles and gardens around (for example i used to run along Versailles gardens, and other places like the castle of Vincennes, ... sadly empty but with beautiful architectures and magic little details like the wooden ceiling still intact in the little wardrobe room of Charles V's Queen). This spring in Paris, a friend (student in art history who love Royal history and knows much things about it) lead me to the exact place where Louis XVI died, i like to be in this kind of places and think about the events. One day i would like to visit fields where battles happened like Azincourt and others, to feel and imagine other scenes of the past ^^.
@sherlock_hedgehog, I began a new thread entitled: Anything Royal and Aristocratic. Would you like me to post something on French royal history?

Edward Sean

Beginner Gardener
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hi, I am new here as well. Welcome to this wonderful place.

I will wait to see the pictures of your "greener" flat.

Ask a Question