BlueBerry

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just trying to figure out what this is? been like this the last two season but before that I had more BB fruits I can eat and shared with the birds, but lately half has been drying out and not developing into full fruits, not sure if it's some type of blight or just lack of Phosphorus, any ideas? I've even drip watered every 2 days from 4 to no success

Blueberry.JPG

Attachments

• Blueberry2.JPG
    Blueberry2.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Blueberry3.JPG
    Blueberry3.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Is this plant in a container and what is the soil medium? If not, what is your soil Ph?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Majority of my plants are in 20 gallon pots, a few are in raised beds I do take them out of pots yearly or two and mixed in a lot of canadian sphagnum peat moss, add in some sulfur, and acid mix fertilizer, perlites, compost etc I never really check ph as I never had any problems with fruiting until last two season..I had this BB's for 6 yrs+ now

Thinking it alone with blight/lack of some nutrients that it could also be the weird weather we have been having in Ca the last 2 yrs, hot Feb, then cold march, then rain etc ..any thoughts from exp?

Then ones on soil, I add about 2-3 lbs of Elemental sulfur 250 sq ft area for all fruit trees/plants late winter/early spring, then about same amount around Sept/Nov

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If the pH is wrong the blueberry cant uptake some of the nutrients so the plant suffers. I don't know if that is the problem or not but you should know the pH of the soil to diagnose. You can get those soil pH test kits at Lowes or Walmart.

Another thought is that maybe the pollinators are carrying around some kind of fungus or disease that is killing the blooms.

Ask a Question