blueberry leaves red during springtime

Reaction score
Country
United States
hello, my blueberry leaves are red during the springtime. we had some cold weather and i read that cold weather could turn blueberry leaves red. should this problem go away sometime when weather gets warmer? why are my BB leaves red? is there anything i should do to keep them healthy?

i live in Connecticut and put a fish head buried underneath directly the roots before i put these blueberries in. the blueberry plants are from home depot.

thx

Attachments

• BB DMG 2.jpeg
    BB DMG 2.jpeg
    294.8 KB · Views: 127
  • bb dmg 3.jpeg
    bb dmg 3.jpeg
    298.5 KB · Views: 101
  • BB DMG1.jpeg
    BB DMG1.jpeg
    316.1 KB · Views: 103
Reaction score
Country
United States
Maroon colored blueberry leaves in the spring are because of phosphorous deficiency. Blueberries require acidic soil with a pH of 4.5 to 5.0. If the pH of your soil is over 5.2, then the blueberry bushes can’t uptake enough phosphorous. Aerate the top two inches of soil with a hand cultivator after every rain. Try not to use tap water to water unless you just have to. Rain or filtered water would be best.

Ask a Question