Blueberry bush not ripening

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I have a highbush blueberry and it’s looks beautiful tons of big fruit but they have remained a very pale blue for a couple weeks now. I’m wondering if there is a certain month they ripen. I have to go out of town for 2 weeks I’m scared of missing their harvest.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a highbush blueberry and it’s looks beautiful tons of big fruit but they have remained a very pale blue for a couple weeks now. I’m wondering if there is a certain month they ripen. I have to go out of town for 2 weeks I’m scared of missing their harvest.
I would love to hear from others but i think it is just a matter of time before you are making pies! Yields from year to year will vary but the timing is pretty consistant.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Ours are just beginning to ripen enough to pick and we are in central Alabama well south of you. I would think yours would come in 3 or 4 weeks if ours are ready now.

Reaction score
Country
United States
My bush looks healthy but my blueberries are starting to turn dark blue but halfway through the process they begin to shrivel. I’m not sure what that means. No discoloration other than the different blues.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
You reckon they are actually ripe and passing by? We have 2 types, one of which has a smaller berry, comes early and is getting done by the time the larger berries are ready.

Ask a Question