Blueberries

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm just curious if anyone can help me figure out why my blueberries are not producing fruit. I got these two blueberries a few years ago and haven't really done much as far as care with them. I have been applying an acid fertilizer to lower the ph( its at 5-5.5 right now). From what I have seen these plants should be much larger than they are right now. They are probably 2 feet tall or so. They look really healthy but they are not producing any fruit or flowers for the past couple years. Could this be because they only get 4-5 hours of sun? I believe they are some kind of jersey highbush.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Here's a picture of one of them

Attachments

• IMG_0187.JPG
    IMG_0187.JPG
    385.9 KB · Views: 237
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Soil acidity is fine, sun hours is fine and the leaves look healthy Matt :) Usually more than 2 different varieties are required for good pollination
Have you been pruning? They look small and bushy as though you have been pruning hard back???

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have two of them about 8 feet apart. I think they are two different varieties. One doesn't get as much sun and is a little smaller. I haven't pruned them at all

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
High Bush Blueberries generally don't bear fruit until they are about seven years old.

Ask a Question