Blue flower

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone name this plant for me please. :)

Flower1.jpg

Flower.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I did not know the name but admired this pretty lady.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Hurray for posting these beautiful flowers and for the name. I have wondered for years what this species of plant was called because it grows in one of my gardens down in VA. It is such a hardy plant. When I am not home, my husband tends to weed the garden and pull the majority of the Siderwort out. It seems to take over the garden and even find itself crawling over to the pathway that leads to our front door. Nevertheless, the flower keeps coming back with even more plants! I like the way it opens during the day and closes at night with its vibrant purple tones.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
There are different colours as well, from pure white to purple.

Aha! Thanks for the information! I have never seen the white. Well, truth be told, I have never seen a true blue flower, except Forget-Me-Not's, Larkspur, and Scabiosa. The pictures in this thread; although, quite lovely, look more of a lighter purple shade compared to the darker toned purple in my VA garden then a blue.

By the way, just took a look at your garden pictures. Much appreciated. I enjoy seeing the various plants and flowers from around the world. I will be back later to comment on your garden pictures on your thread. Don't want to get off topic, but just wanted to make a quick mention here, too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
I think I'd better let you into my little secret now. :) As far as I know this plant doesn't grow here in Britain. My American daughter-in-law asked me for identification and of course I had to ask you guys, thank you again. (y) The plant is growing where she lives with my son in Columbus, Ohio.

Reaction score
I think I'd better let you into my little secret now. :) As far as I know this plant doesn't grow here in Britain. My American daughter-in-law asked me for identification and of course I had to ask you guys, thank you again. (y) The plant is growing where she lives with my son in Columbus, Ohio.

Sorry Sheal but it is readily available and grows very well in UK!
It comes in several colours .pink, mauve, blue, white....with many named hybrids..

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=t...GYLjUe7Qg-AD&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1536&bih=728

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
spiderwort. I have a ton. One of my favorite is the one with the lime green leaves and then the blue flower. They are very sturdy plants, and make babies, so watch them pop to places you don't want. Anyway, as they proceed in my garden when they come to a point of falling over, I just wack them off at the ground and toss them in the burn pile, making way for the next layer of plants to survive. Just yanked out some today in fact did not like where they were. I consider them a filler plant.

Ask a Question