Blow Out on My Wheelbarrow

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
rps20180616_071648.jpg
No. I wasn't going too fast around the corner;). My son had blown the tyre up too much apparently. My question is, do I try to find the correct size tyre but how:rolleyes: or do I replace the whole bit but not sure how to measure or do I just get a new wheelbarrow. It is about 10 years old and I know I could use it as a feature. I'd use the Rust Effects paint I so love. I have shared with you my mums old push mower and scaffold ladder I've "rusted". But it does seem a waste when only just last week it was doing its job quite well and I'm sure "happily":LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
View attachment 38765 No. I wasn't going too fast around the corner;). My son had blown the tyre up too much apparently. My question is, do I try to find the correct size tyre but how:rolleyes: or do I replace the whole bit but not sure how to measure or do I just get a new wheelbarrow. It is about 10 years old and I know I could use it as a feature. I'd use the Rust Effects paint I so love. I have shared with you my mums old push mower and scaffold ladder I've "rusted". But it does seem a waste when only just last week it was doing its job quite well and I'm sure "happily":LOL:
Uh oh. Bummer Look at the numbers on the tire. You can get tires at hardware stores, automobile tire places. One of my wheelbarrows is exactly like yours and I got tired of fixing flats so I bought a solid rubber tire. You can also find the tires on Ebay.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
HiYa! Well perhaps as an ex traffic cop here in the UK. I might surmise you clipped the kerb. Thinking, jokingly as a UK gardener one might ask. Was is snails or slugs or even mice that did this. So jokes aside. As our friend has mentioned the moulded numbers on the tyre wall. Use these in your search. EBay is used a lot so why not do a search. I think you will need a new tyre and inner tube. Perhaps a solid tyre might do you or a semi solid one, that has the flexibility of a pumped up one, but can't puncture. Hope you get sorted. Best wishes. Mike.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Good, new wheelbarrows aren’t cheap. A tire replacement is like $10-20 whereas a decent wheelbarrow is $100-200. I use rustoleum on one I’ve got every few years and it’s like 20 years old and super durable. Plus you won’t need to create waste by dumping the old one. Also, don’t drink and garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Take the tire and wheel assembly off and take it to a local hardware store. They can fix you up in a matter of minutes. If you have Harbor Freight available they sometimes have them for $4.99.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Thanks everyone.
I found the numbers on the tyre along with a warning not too over inflate:rolleyes: ! Will attempt to get the whole thing off I think.
Yes TomatoTango I agree. There's a time and place for everything.(y) I do like a wine after the gardening is done for the day to survey my work and to see what jobs await., usually with secuteers in one hand and glass in the other..:love::LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
No judgment here even if you were lol; I’m regularly baked in the garden and have done some really stupid things. I don’t drink anymore though for health and legal reasons. And I cloned myself 3 times.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
My trusty man at my local hardware looked into it for me, ott the right size replacement but couldn't get the axle bit out, rusted in so looks like a new wheelbarrow is likely. I will utilise the old one in my garden

Ask a Question