Blooming forsythia

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
My boyfriend and I, we had to host an Easter party for our families last week. I don't like Easter decorations, so instead of buying porcelain bunnies and chicks, I decided to bring some forsythia to our apartment:)

Here is a photo of it:

20160403_183342.jpg

It's very easy to make forsythia bloom indoors. All you need to do is to get some twigs, put them in water and wait:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you:) Yes, it's really simple. I tried to do the same with apple tree twigs, but they didn't bloom as nicely as forsythia.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have also heard that too but haven't done it! It is a creative way to bring nature inside, @claudine and I don't like fake decoration either. Beautiful forsythia!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you! My mom did this every year and I learned it from her. When I was a child, we always had big forsythia bouquets in the house:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
My mother did something similar with other plants but she would put 1 low dose aspirin in the water with it and it seemed to perk it up faster and last longer. There were even times when it grew roots and we replanted them outside and they grew. There was a whole flowering bush that we got from this. I can't remember the name of it but it was pretty and it came from a single twig my mom picked up off the ground while we were taking a walk. LOL

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Sounds wonderful, Toradrake:) I didn't put aspirin in the water, because my forsythia started blooming really fast, just two days after I had cut it.

Reaction score
That looks interesting... I had never seen or heard about this plant... is it yellow or are the leaves just dry? I love the way you have decorated your apartment :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Forsythia flowers are yellow. This plant is very popular in my country. It grows everywhere. I like it very much:love:

Ask a Question