IMG_3770.JPG

Stella Semi Dwarf Cherry tree

IMG_3775.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
looks like you may get a bumper crop of cherries as long as you beat the birds to them .

j.w

Reaction score
The thing is if we had no bees flying when they blossomed then no fruit! Happened last year w/ the cherry,plum and the peach tree.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Same with my peaches, no bees when the flowers were out. Do have apples and pears growing.

j.w

Reaction score
They tore an old rental trailer down up the road from us a few yrs ago and about 2 yrs ago I went and rescued those plants. I divided them up and put some here and there and they all took off like gangbusters. I have no idea how long they were living at the trailer site but prolly for a few yrs before they tore the place down. I have not fertilized them at all.

j.w

Reaction score
He He they just love the tunes..............no, there were many more but over the winter the wind blew some down. I hang them to keep the birds and the deer away. They don't like the flashing reflection supposedly. It reminds them of fire I heard. The deer eat the branches anytime of year and the birds eat the cherries. We shall see if it works. I need to put more up. I put them in other smaller young trees also. Some people use the flashing mylar tape hanging in strips also.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
sigh I just let them eat what they want to..................

very very pretty jw, I would find it hard to leave that area.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
You don't realize how much you need the bee's until they are gone. We had carpenter bee's on the deck for years, they had gotten to the point where they were attacking us when we went out on the deck so we had to have the exterminator come out. The bee's were killed and so was my garden. I had tomatoes before all the bee's were removed from the yard, then nothing.

I hope we have a few bee's this year in the yard at least so that I have a much better garden than last year.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddiehah

Latest Threads