Black spot

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
i have black spot on my fruit trees and veggies.
I have been removing all infected leaves and used copper fungicide. It's still spreading. Should I remove all veggies in my raised garden beds and start over? Also is it possible to save the soil, or should I disguard that too?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
First of all where do you live and has it been raining a lot. We need to know these things. Plant growing is different in Florida than in Alaska. Please update your profile so as to give us all a better solution to your problems in the garden. And whenever possible add a picture or two.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
First of all where do you live and has it been raining a lot. We need to know these things. Plant growing is different in Florida than in Alaska. Please update your profile so as to give us all a better solution to your problems in the garden. And whenever possible add a picture or two.
Thank you. I've updated it as requested. I live in Phoenix, AZ and my hardiness zone is 9b

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thank you. I've updated it as requested. I live in Phoenix, AZ and my hardiness zone is 9b
Black spot normally has to do with water. Either rain or out of a hose. I AZ I doubt if it's a lot of rain. Many time black spot is caused by watering in the late afternoon and getting the foliage wet. Do the black spots get yellow rings around them?
Since copper fungicide isn't working you might try the remedies in the following link.
https://www.wikihow.com/Deal-with-Black-Spot-Leaf-Disease

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Thank you so much, that was so helpful. I'm new to veggie and fruit trees.
The black spots do get the yellow rings around. I've been meticulous about picking up the dead leaves, but haven't been sterilising. I trimmed my fruit trees all the way down to nothing. They are sprouting new branches already. I tried the milk remedy, no luck with that either. I will try the organic one.

Ask a Question