Black mold/fungus

Reaction score
Hello. Many of my plants have this black substance all over the leaves. It is on several different kinds of plants. I am not sure if it is mold or fungus or what exactly. I have tried some store bought sprays and some of them seem to work temporarily but it always comes back in a couple of days. I don;t want to have to keep buying stuff and spraying over and over. Is there any solution that will get rid of it for like a month at a time? Does anyone have any suggestions about how to get rid of this? Thank you.

Reaction score
The biggest thing you need to do is find out why exactly you are having this mold/fungus issue. There has to be a reason for it. Are your plants located indoors (I assume so, being it's cold in the states--but you might be from out of the US)? If they are indoors you should take a look at the humidity in your room. Super high humidity leads to these sorts of issues.

if your climate isn't something you can adjust then I would look at getting this product called Greencure. It's a powder that you can dillute and spray on to your plant. You shouldn't have to repeatedly use it as it will eventually just get rid of the problem.

Ask a Question