Birds

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
As I have already said here my garden is designed to attract birds. But this video clip shows you these birds perched on wires propped up by pillars on the roadside in front of our gate - a scene that can be easily compared to a music score sheet. I have given the title 'Opera in 'B' minor:). This was clicked a long time ago.

One draw back with youtube videos is that they show related videos at the end of our own videos.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It's a lovely video! The title you chose is perfect!
Birds are wonderful creatures, aren't they? Observing them can be so much fun. They like sitting on my external window sills.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That is just awesome and I love how your comparison to music notes. They sounds sounds so pretty and I don't mind waking it up to this birds calling. You know, I never remember to use my video feature, but just snapping picture.

Here is my Northern Flicker the other day. I recognized the call so I went out to snap a picture.
IMG_4426.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
I'd never seen a Northern Flicker before, so I really thank you for posting that great photo. We have a lot of birds, especially in the spring and fall because we are on the edge of a migratory fly-way.
The ducks visit our pond mostly in the fall, and the Cooper's is here year-round.
We love watching the birds!

Attachments

• Black-bellied Whistling Duck 1.jpg
    Black-bellied Whistling Duck 1.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 286
  • Coopers Hawk 4.jpg
    Coopers Hawk 4.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 318
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
That is just awesome and I love how your comparison to music notes. They sounds sounds so pretty and I don't mind waking it up to this birds calling. You know, I never remember to use my video feature, but just snapping picture.

Here is my Northern Flicker the other day. I recognized the call so I went out to snap a picture.
View attachment 5511
I use that feature quite a lot. I have loads of video clips of birds visiting our garden. There are so many species. That is a pretty bird. I do not see it here.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 10a - Sunset 22
Country
United States
We're into birds, my daughter more so than most as she has about 6 or 8 and its a field of collegiate study for her. Anyway, just just found a thrumming bird nest up under our eves of the house, can't believe how small it is and how small the eggs (2) in it are. She did get a couple of pictures I'll see if I can get one and post it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
We're into birds, my daughter more so than most as she has about 6 or 8 and its a field of collegiate study for her. Anyway, just just found a thrumming bird nest up under our eves of the house, can't believe how small it is and how small the eggs (2) in it are. She did get a couple of pictures I'll see if I can get one and post it.
Our bird bath attracts quite a few. It is intriguing how they build their nest both husband and wife. Do fetch those pictures for us and also do not forget to announce the birth :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Grouie, don't worry about naming the birds! Just post photos, and we'll figure it out for ourselves. It's more important to see and appreciate a bird than to place a name on it (although knowing what you are looking at adds to the enjoyment).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It is that time of year for the birds to come back around here. I saw lots of the American robins. Some are building nests, some are looking for mates. The cardinals and the blue jay make the most noises. I got a picture of the cardinal calling and advertising himself recently.
IMG_4442.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
It is that time of year for the birds to come back around here. I saw lots of the American robins. Some are building nests, some are looking for mates. The cardinals and the blue jay make the most noises. I got a picture of the cardinal calling and advertising himself recently.
View attachment 5541
Nice picture there.The sound they make must be so soothing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
All those birds are adorable!!!:love: I especially like the Goldfinch in the last picture. It's unbelievably cute. Do you feed them? I always leave bread in my parents' garden, because birds love eating it:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@Sheal Your birds are just beautiful and adorable! Love the Male Chaffinch, and the Gold Finch is totally different from the one we have here, but I maybe wrong since I don't know much about the name of the birds. I just love taking pictures of them.

Ask a Question