BIG Tulip garden coming early spring 2016!

Reaction score
Here are the flower bulbs I planted, which you can see in the picture and video below. With the bulbs, I planted at least 8 inches deep into the ground and covered with mulch, leaves, pine needles. In the video below, you can get a sense of what the early spring garden will look like as I show you where I have planted the bulbs. Of course the weather has permitted me to be able to plant the bulbs while the ground is still warm and can be easily rotated. The weather here has been warm, reaching 70 degrees this past weekend. I highly encourage you to plant flowers bulbs in the early fall if you live in a colder climate.

DSCF7412.JPG

Sorry for the wind interference in the video!

Original post @ BIG Tulip garden coming early spring 2016!

-Cassie K, veganslivingofftheland.blogspot.com

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This sounds absolutely wonderful! I love tulips and I'm sure that your garden will look stunning in early spring. Please, take a picture of it when your lovely tulips bloom:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
I'm envious of that upcoming tulip garden. We have no tulips here although there are flower shops which sell tulip, of course, for a price. It is expensive in the Philippines because it is imported and they say that tulips don't really thrive in tropical places. So now all I can do is to look at the pictures you post and read what you do with your tulip bulbs.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Tulips are one of my favorites, if not my absolute favorite flower. In springtime here in Japan there are often a number of gardens locally that have fields of them - and they are stunning! Always makes me happy to see flowers in bloom. I can't wait to see how they do!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Can't wait to Spring to see your beautiful garden of tulips and hyacinths! They will look wonderful, colorful, and full of life.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Your spring garden will be very pretty and full of color. I should take advantage of this unusually warm weather and plant some bulbs for spring also.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wow that looks like you are going to have a beautiful garden come spring. My neighbor also recently planted tulip bulbs when we had a warm day. I always thought it was too early but apparently not. I am just scared if the grown gets too cold it will prevent the seeds from growing.

Reaction score
Wow, you got a quite big variety of tulips bulbs right there! I had only seen some of those in the Netherlands only. Where did you get them? Just curious, I'll be moving soon to the biggest source of tulips ;) Sadly I don't have that much space. I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures of your tulip garden though :) I bet it will look amazing!

Reaction score
Country
United States
These are going to look beautiful when the come up! I wish mine would be looking this great, but seeming as how Indiana has had a weird winter season, I am afraid mine have already started to come up when it was in the 50s in December and January, and then when it froze, they died. Does anyone know if they will happen to come up again in Spring? I had about an inch sprout on my tulips come up, due to the warm winter we had, then now its like the frozen tundra and they are black on the tops. I covered them up thinking this would help the freeze, but when I checked on them a few days ago, they looked like a lost cause :(.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Wow!!! I can't wait to see your garden!!! I can only imagine the beautiful sights and wonderful smells of a tulip garden this size.

Ask a Question