Best Way To Deal With Existing Weeds In Garden, More Mulch?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all, I have a question on controlling weeds in garden, When I planted my in ground garden I started from scratch so I had to amend the soil with aged horse manure and I also got some aged alpaca manure. After I planted I spread a good layer of straw mulch but I am still getting a good amount of weeds. I have drip irrigation so hoeing is going to be hard. We have been weeding by hand but it's a full time job with our busy schedules. The garden is looking great as far as my veggies go. I was wondering if I started putting dried leaves on the garden if that would help at this point? I was going to spread them on the lawn and then run them over with my lawn tractor and shred them and bag them with the tractor. I know weeds are part of gardening but just wanted to try to do everything on my end to help out. Next year I will put a layer of newspaper down after planting. Thanks all in advance.

Ask a Question