Best way to clean a hose?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
IMG_20190614_132938.jpg

Detergent and clorox are not the easiest thing. Any tips for cleaning up a hose left outside too long?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
wanted to add, as I dragged it along the grass to various spots to use it, the grass would begin to wipe off the crud. or hang it somewhere and spray it with bleach, then let the rain finish it.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have advice but it's not really standard. Think carefully before using it. You just can buy a new one) But if you really want to clean it, left it for a few hours in a hot water and then clean it with dishwashing liquid. I think it will work.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Detergent and chlorine can work very well. Are usually don't have issues with any of the gardening cleaning tasks. Recently though I have noticed that my HVAC system in the house is not working as it should. I think I might need to look at the duct and clean it up. Do you guys have any recommendations on what detergent is usually used for that?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Detergent and chlorine can work very well. Are usually don't have issues with any of the gardening cleaning tasks. Recently though I have noticed that my HVAC system in the house is not working as it should. I think I might need to look at the duct and clean it up. Do you guys have any recommendations on what detergent is usually used for that?
Typically the system is turned off and a vacuum hose attached where a spinning ecentric wobbling duster flops about inside like a dying bird, dislodging dust and debris that in turn sails out the vaccum connection. Afterward, an antimicrobial mist can be floated throught the vented system, typically with the filter out. If you wet the fiberglass insulation you will cause problems.

Reaction score
Country
United States
When you say that the system is not working well what do you mean? Dirty pipes will not affect the operation of the system. All it will do is make the house dustier. If the system is giving you problems it's most likely mechanical. To have a professional clean the ducts can get very expensive.

Ask a Question