Best Online Garden Supply Business?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
New here - in fact, first thread.

I'm curious which online garden supply companies you have found worth of purchasing from?

Yes, I would much rather support my local businesses, but, as real life shopping is being shut down, and people choose to isolate themselves at this time, I think I need to look online for delivery of some needed supplies as we enter our early spring season here in the Finger Lakes area of upstate NY.

I'm ready to get going. But I need some things that I have to have delivered to me.

So, which companies have you found affordable, easy to use, reliable, trustworthy?

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Other than seeds all of the other stuff they sell like fertilizer, pesticides, fungicides etc are all way overpriced. You can get the same or equal from hardware stores or nurseries much cheaper. Hardware stores have been designated as essential. Having said that, I find that most of the seed companies are about equal on everything. Just google seed companies and browse thru their online catalogs. I have used them all at one time or another

Meadowlark

Gardner, Angler, Adjunct Professor, and Rancher
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
My favorite online seed company is Parks seed. I've dealt with them for years. Territorial seeds and Seeds and Such are a couple of others I like for certain seeds.

As far as other stuff, I use my local feed store a lot...but some things I like I go right to Amazon where I can find everything I need. I'm in a rural area and Amazon is just a life saver. Some products I get in just one or two days. The price? Some things are high but many are very competitive. If you are a Prime member you get a lot of breaks.

In the current state of affairs, Amazon is an absolute life saver and will become my preferred provider on more and more things as time goes by.

So what if I spend a few pennies more....what value do you put on safety, convenience, availability, reliability and just not having to deal with the mass of humanity? To me its huge, huge!!

Ad

Advertisements

Meadowlark

Gardner, Angler, Adjunct Professor, and Rancher
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
For completeness you just can't beat Amazon. They have access to just about everything one could imagine needing for the garden. Walmart for some things yes but Amazon just about has it all.

Ask a Question