Best lawn improvement store?

Reaction score
Obviously you have to out and buy products if you're going to maintain and improve your lawn. Where do you typically shot for lawn products? Wal-Mart, Lowe's, Home Depot? They're all pretty similar in price and such but I find that Lowe's typically has the better customer service of the three. They usually have the more experienced and informative customer service associates. I haven't really had a bad experience. I can usually ask a question and they give me a pretty reasonable and informative answer. In addition that the prices there are pretty tough to beat. They also have more of a selection than Wal-Mart, in my opinion. Your thoughts?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Obviously you have to out and buy products if you're going to maintain and improve your lawn. Where do you typically shot for lawn products? Wal-Mart, Lowe's, Home Depot? They're all pretty similar in price and such but I find that Lowe's typically has the better customer service of the three. They usually have the more experienced and informative customer service associates. I haven't really had a bad experience. I can usually ask a question and they give me a pretty reasonable and informative answer. In addition that the prices there are pretty tough to beat. They also have more of a selection than Wal-Mart, in my opinion. Your thoughts?
Personally I have had better prices and service at the smaller locally owned stores like Tru Value and Ace

Reaction score
Our Lowe's doesn't have the best customer service and we usually end up going to Menard's. We always try to wait for the best rebates. I love getting rebate cards in the mail.

Reaction score
I have found the best place to purchase lawn products is at a farm store. We have a Tractor Store in our town, although it is smaller that Home Depot and Lowe's you get personal service all of the time. There is always some one there to answer your questions and help you with products. That is the issue I have at the bigger stores. Finding someone to actually help you! I do find also that the Tractor Store has better prices which is a great plus.
Danyel :)

Reaction score
Yeah, customer service does seem to be a problem in a lot of the "big box" stores, but personally I haven't had a lot of trouble with that recently. I do like to shop at local, less crowded stores when I can but I just find that the customer service and prices at the local stores aren't here aren't up to par with the larger stores. Prices can be up to 10-20% higher on a lot of items, and I'm just not willing to pay that much more to keep my money local.

Ask a Question