Best home made insect deterrent

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
zone 6b
Country
United States
best home remedy for discouraging ants and bugs for tomatos peppers corn and squash? thank you in advance

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Depends. Ants hate fungus and bacteria, so molasses and other fermentables mess with their vibe and you can put it on the ground. You can soak crushed tomato leaves in a little water and make a nightshade spray. 20 mule team borax from the laundry can be mixed with sugar, making a bait. (danger- use a plate) Colored paper sprayed with stickum to make traps works. It does depend on the bug though. Personally I just use spinosad and bT mostly. A little goes a long way.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The best deterrent is healthy soil. I rarely ever get harmful insects and I use garlic pepper spray as a deterrent if I ever see a harmful bug in my garden. At the beginning of every year I see a few cucumber beetles and I spray spinosad on the entire garden and after this spraying I rarely ever see a harmful bug.

Ask a Question