best gardener

Reaction score
Hi friends,

Gardening is a my hobby but i am not a good gardener so i am join your forum. Hope every member helps me to make a best gardener for my garden.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forumjacksontaylor. Everyone has to start as a beginner so read and learn as much as you can. This is an excellent site for information and great people with a ton of experience.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
wait a minute, jacksontaylor's post is from May of 2014 and the first few "welcomes" date back to 2014. what's going on...you still around @jacksontaylor?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Lots of people post just once and never return*, and the "related posts" thing is just generated by keywords so not really worth paying attention to.

*I often don't bother to respond to introduction posts, because really only a tiny minority ever come back to respond or contribute anything.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Wow, I didn't even think to look at the date. I saw this under "new posts" and decided to reply. :/ Maybe their fetch code is off.
:) I wonder how it ended up in "new posts"? When i see that, if i am going to respond i never bother to look at the dates. Actually i liked jacksontaylor and was half way though a reply when i looked at the other posts to make sure i wasn't repeating something already said and accidentally saw the dates. I think if i hadn't done that, jacksontaylor might have received many more "welcomes". I like to welcome new people and mostly respond to new members who have told us something about themselves and/or gardens. I figure it is up to me to welcome new members and up to the new members to decide whether or not to stay. It seems to me that the people who stay are like-minded folks in tune with the vibe of the site, which is why there are so many good people here (i think).:geek:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Did it show up under new posts, or similar threads?
That's weird, I wouldn't think to look at the date on new posts. I do ignore the similar thread thing though.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@ApidAdi saw it first and said it was under "new posts".

Gee whiz, i've found some really good information in the "similar threads" section more than just a few times. For me, it is super to have access to similar threads going back to the beginning of site. Some of these older threads bring new perspectives from people no longer around that add a new depth to the same or similar conversation(s).

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Lots of people post just once and never return
After they upload an avatar, of course. :confused: It doesn't baffle me as much if they ask or answer just one question, never to return. The ones that boggle my mind are "Hi, it's great to be here," upload an avatar, then disappear. Why? Why bother?

There was another introductions thread bumped recently, too. "Hello from india mumbai" is two years old. o_O Maybe the program does have a weird new glitch.

Gee whiz, i've found some really good information in the "similar threads" section more than just a few times. For me, it is super to have access to similar threads going back to the beginning of site. Some of these older threads bring new perspectives from people no longer around that add a new depth to the same or similar conversation(s).
I read them a lot, also! :D I don't bump them, but I wouldn't hesitate if a current member said something I wanted to know more about. ;)

Ask a Question