Best Garden Sculpture Ever!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I just came across this photo on Pinterest. I clicked on it and was taken to a blog post about a visit to the Atlanta Botanical Garden. A while ago we had a thread of stuff like this that people had seen around the web, but this has to be the best living garden sculpture ever!

IMG_2098b_zps51efe68e.jpg

Is that awesome or what? It looks like a real dog!

Reaction score
WOW!

I think that the person who trims that sculpture has also groomed dogs! He has the "fur" around the face perfectly!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love it!:D:D It looks like a giant Yorkshire Terrier. Actually, it reminds me of my sweet Yorkie:)
I want a sculpture like this in my future garden!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I want a sculpture like this in my future garden!

Me too, Claudine! I want to sit this on my front lawn! Unfortunately, all the dogs in the neighborhood would probably stop and growl at it, lol.

WOW!

I think that the person who trims that sculpture has also groomed dogs! He has the "fur" around the face perfectly!

I don't know about that, Terri, but a topiary expert or sculptor would understand the proportions and how to maintain the shape. I would love to know what's underneath all that grass!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I want it! I wonder what plant they used exactly to make it and how long it took. If Dan won't let me have a little baby, I will have one in the garden! He would probably shake his head and walk away.

Reaction score
Country
United States
That is absolutely awesome! I'll admit, I looked at the photo for a bit to check out little details to be sure it really was a plant. How clever and creative. Imagine the looks you'd get if that were to be sitting in your front yard! How many people would walk by thinking it was a loose dog!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I don't know what plant was used. I saw the dog on Pinterest and the link led to someone's blog post about visiting the garden. I suppose I could try and google "dog sculpture Atlanta garden," but I have a couple other things I'm looking into at the moment.

Ask a Question