Ben you had some great Ideas.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A thru 5B
Day lite saveings time was not one of your better ideas. the rual folks in your day had it right all along, get up at day lite when the rooster crows and go to bed at dark after a full day. No need to be changeing clocks. No need to remember spring forward and fall back to know where the stupid clock should be set.

Only reason retired folks need a clock is to keep appointments, internal clocks work just fine once you get it set properly.
So today it the first day the TV Menu clock Matches the time of the program comeing up next. they have it set for ESDST and it never changes in the fall so all winter the programs are a hour later than the menu with summer times posted.

Also to day be ready to possiabley morn the death of loved ones. Heart attck risk are higher for the next 3 days, Being ran over by a sleepy driver is grater for the next 3 days also.

I say get rid of it and not force people to deal with the mess. Stores could open sooner if they wished. Companies could also open earlier if they wish. No need to make people submit to resetting clocks, micro waves, water softners and all the other things on a timer.

It has also been proven it doesn't save enegery.

Any mistakes are a result of ESDST.

:D Al

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Ain't it nice that the Dam Guvmint is giving us gardeners an extra hour of sunlight?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A thru 5B
I like just straight EST all the time It will be day lit here till 9:00 PM then even.

I wonder just how many day shift workers really stay up untill dark on a work day. That relates to just after 10:00 PM here.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Do you like the time better now or like it was yesterday ?
We set our clocks ahead one day earlier as a lark to lengthen the adjustment timeframe. We did not plan on having a visitor but Becky brought the person who found our kittens over for a cat check. 4 cats and odd behavior is what I bet our guest was thinking.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I would be greatly depressed without DST. I need light later in the evening. I'd prefer staying with DST year-round. That's partly what makes spring and summer so great. I can come home in the evening and still enjoy my pond/gardens for a few hours before it gets dark. Without it, it'd be dark at 8pm on the day with the most daylight. In August, it'd be dark before 7pm. No thanks! I'll keep my DST.

To be honest, I really don't have any trouble adjusting to the time change. It takes me less than a day to adjust, but I would be happy with year-round DST.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
The clocks won't go forward here until 31st March and our time is set by Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).

Up here In the Highlands of Scotland, sunset at the summer solstice in June will be at 22.19 hours and darkness around 23.00 giving us approximately 18 hours of daylight.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A thru 5B
there is a bill on the floor here in Michigan to abolish it. I sure hope it passes and if it doesn't next election I will see what and do all I can to get rid of the slugs that want to stay with.

There is no law you can't enjoy some day lite in the morning.
I love to take my tea and go out and set by my bees.

Ask a Question