Begonia near table lamp?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently got a beautiful scarlet (“special angel wing”) begonia and found an aesthetically nice place for it that receives good light on an end table in my living room. However, it is right next to a lamp. (Not a grow lamp, just a regular table lamp.) Will that lamp light hurt the plant? Or being artificial light does it not matter? I know that heat is a matter of concern from light bulbs but I don’t feel any heat with my hand when I put it directly under the light. The bulb itself is a very slightly warm to the touch when it is turned on but definitely not toasty or hot. I’ve attached a picture for references. Thank you!

Attachments

• 3C1EB032-A7E9-4172-8181-7862AE69AFF7.jpeg
    3C1EB032-A7E9-4172-8181-7862AE69AFF7.jpeg
    267 KB · Views: 46
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It`s not so much the lamp doing damage in that place - more the fact that the plant would be much better given daylight.
It will probably suffocate down there, and a window ledge would be an improvement.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I have plants under table lamps and the houseplants do well. Our weather is so overcast and cloudy most of the time I feel they need more light and all appear to do well with this arrangement. Plus I need all the spaces I can find to house my plant babies. Recently I added grow light bulbs to my table lamps. They weren’t that expensive four a pack of four from Amazon. Thought the houseplants might do even a bit better under the table lamps with a full spectrum light source but only time will tell.

Ask a Question