Bees On Wild Asters

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Last year I had two stalks of this wild aster in my garden, and they have exploded into many now. In fact, they have taken over my other flowers, and hogging all the sun. I am planning on uprooting them soon, but for now, I will let the bees enjoy gathering their pollens.
IMG_2187.jpg
IMG_2191.jpg

I took these photos with my cellphone so they are very grainy. Sorry about that!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@JBtheExplorer and @Fernsdaddy , I am going to remove them out of my garden area and move them to the fencing part of the property. They seem to need support from the strong wind and heavy rain. At the moment, they are leaning and bending to the ground!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you for sharing these photos!:) I love bees, they're amazing little creatures. It's a pity there aren't as many of them now as there used to be.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
I don't mind bees because they are good pollinators. Particularly the big bumble bees, they are roaming in the flower garden all the time. Last week I noticed some honey bees in the backyard. Those are the smaller bees with slender bodies unlike the bumble bees that look obese. The honey bees are sipping the nectar of the young banana flowers. My husband said that honey bees are vicious and they sting but they are not harmful to plants.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
My husband said that honey bees are vicious and they sting but they are not harmful to plants.

Honey Bees are as calm as Bumble Bees. Both types of bees will only sting if you mess with their nest or of course an accident like sitting on one or something like that.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I'm allergic to bees stings, but that has never stopped from working in the garden. Honey bees only sting if they think you going to harm them or their hive, I work along side them and only been stung once in the last 10 years. so you don't need to worry about them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Honey bees are extremely docile, unless they're Africanized- which are extremely aggressive and dangerous.

I'm glad to see that you're keeping the asters! Bees need more love.

Reaction score
I was going to ask what camera you had used to take those, but then I read you took them with your mobile (y) They look good, don't worry ;) It's been a while since i last saw a bee in our garden, you are doing a great job, thanks for taking care of them :) We need more bees!

Ask a Question