Becky out of action for a while

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@Becky has some back problems at the moment and is laid up, so will be out of action from the forums for a while (although hopefully she'll be able to pop in occasionally!). Fingers crossed it won't be too long before it improves, but in the meantime, I'll be around to help administer the forums in her place :).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
I am sorry to hear that @Ian it must be terribly frustrating for her now that it is planting time and the weather seems to be improving where you are. Please give her my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Becky will be missed during her absence, and doubly appreciated when she returns. Please convey all our concern and good wishes to her.
(Ian, you're cute, but you're no Becky!).

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks everyone, I'll show her these posts tomorrow and I know it'll put a smile on here face :).

Send her our best wishes Ian. Kinda in the same boat myself dealing with Lyme disease flare ups at the moment.

I've got my fingers crossed for you too, LIcenter!

(Ian, you're cute, but you're no Becky!).

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: :D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
LIcenter, don't feel like a jerk! First, I'm sorry you have to deal with Lyme disease flare ups--how terrible for you. Secondly, you were sympathetic to Becky's back problem and as an aside mentioned your difficulty. No apologies needed as far as I can see.
Someone who has experienced pain and who offers sympathy and good wishes to another speaks from experience, and the heart.
Here's hoping both you and Becky are 100% soon!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
LIcenter, don't feel like a jerk! First, I'm sorry you have to deal with Lyme disease flare ups--how terrible for you. Secondly, you were sympathetic to Becky's back problem and as an aside mentioned your difficulty. No apologies needed as far as I can see.
Someone who has experienced pain and who offers sympathy and good wishes to another speaks from experience, and the heart.
Here's hoping both you and Becky are 100% soon!

I'll second that! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the kind wishes everyone! I'm on a lot of painkillers at the moment which seems to be really helping, but the only downside is that I feel like a zombie! :sick: Hopefully I'll still be able to check in most days but I might not be posting as much.

Send her our best wishes Ian. Kinda in the same boat myself dealing with Lyme disease flare ups at the moment.

Sorry to hear that LIcenter, I hope you are feeling better soon (y)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Becky. There is nothing worse than chronic back pain. Sadly the medicos have written mine off as incurable, so no more treatment. At least you can take pain killers, I cannot.
Hope it goes away for you and you can get back to normality as soon as possible.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, that must be awful for you @Owdboggy :( My problems are degenerative discs, scoliosis and sciatica - I've had a couple of microdiscectomies in my lower back, and it looks like I'll need a fusion at some point. It would be pretty major stuff, but at least it should stop the problems I've been having. Given that I'm only 32 I'd like to get on with things rather than be laid up all the time!

Ask a Question