Beans

Reaction score
Most people I know who grow beans have them in a wide open place in full sun all day. I am wondering if beans will still grow if they don't get full sun, but just morning sun. I would like to grow white beans if I can because they are such a good source of calcium. Anyone have suggestions about what kind of bean would be most successful with only partial sun?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Well, you get different quality of light in different countries, so you'd probably succeed in USA, less chance of success in UK.

Reaction score
I agree with head full of bees, I guess some crops can't be grow successfully outside in certain countries, I can see most beans being successful growing anywhere in the American continent. Not sure about Europe.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
I agree with head full of bees, I guess some crops can't be grow successfully outside in certain countries, I can see most beans being successful growing anywhere in the American continent. Not sure about Europe.
My freezer is full of beans that I grew in the summer.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
We grew beans off our balcony this summer and they only got PM sun and they grew great. We had 2 plants and we had a nice handful of beans for supper each night. I think you will be fine :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Beans are one of the easiest things to grow. My son brought home a bean plant from school last year and we just placed it in the window sill. It did great until the cat got ahold of it...

Ask a Question