Beans Cucumber Juice

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
This year the cucumbers were most prolific. I didn't weight each picking but I estimate about 200 pounds from seven plants. Cucumber juice is most refreshing and sometimes they are juiced alone. One can only make so many pickles.
http://www.durgan.org/URL/?ZQHOP 15 August 2014 Beans Cucumber Juice
Seven pound of green beans and 15 pounds of cucumber along with two onions and one eggplant were made into 21 liter jars of juice, and pressure canned at 15 PSI for 15 minutes for long term storage at room temperature. Procedure is indicated by annotated pictures.
URL

Reaction score
What did this concoction taste like. I mean, it doesn't sound very pleasant to me. Nothing to sweeten it or spice it up. Shouldn't one enjoy the juice as well as its health benefits?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
That is an interesting mixture. I am not sure that I would like the addition of the green beans to the cucumber juice.

Reaction score
I've known cucumber juice to be very tasty and refreshing especially when ginger is added to it however i've just never heard of green beans been added to it; this one is totally new and i don't think it appeals to me either.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Kammy- I have some ginger honey jelly tea and I bet it would taste great mixed in with some cucumber water. I usually drink the tea when I have a sore throat and it clears it right up. My Korean friend turned me on to the tea when we had an afternoon snack at her house last year.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
My choice with the perfect beans was to discard them or use in juice. Available on the particular day were cucumbers so I simply mixed and processed them.

Reaction score
What are you going to do with 21 liters of green bean juice? I think that if I was in that situation, I would use the vegetable juice as a soup base and add other spices and vegetables to make soup.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
What are you going to do with 21 liters of green bean juice? I think that if I was in that situation, I would use the vegetable juice as a soup base and add other spices and vegetables to make soup.

I drink like any juice. I mix three or four types in a glass and ingest two or more glasses per day. It is how I get most of my vegetables and fruit during the non growing season.

It is a method of breaking the traditional food cycle.

Reaction score
Kammy- I have some ginger honey jelly tea and I bet it would taste great mixed in with some cucumber water. I usually drink the tea when I have a sore throat and it clears it right up. My Korean friend turned me on to the tea when we had an afternoon snack at her house last year.

Give it a try Rosyrain and tell me how much it's to your liking; i've always enjoyed cucumber with ginger incorporated...definitely the best.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Congratulations on your harvest, it was very interesting reading your juicing process. Like what some of the other people have stated, the recipe doesn't sound like it would taste appealing to me but I sure am curious. I have had some very refreshing cucumber juices though!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Also, a better choice for the cheese in any Italian-style recipe in North America would be fresh from the daily...For more details visit our website.
-----------------------
Joey Atlas Scam
Who is talking about cheese or Italian recipes here? You have two posts on the forums, and they're both to promote your website. Are you even interested in gardening? I call this spam. I come here to read about gardening, and I am sure I ain't clicking on a link that has the word "scam" on it.

Ask a Question