Bean can gardening! ?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Saw this today on my way to get my morning caffeine fix...probably explains the shaky pic :whistle:. Looks like large cans (beans were the first to come to mind), painted and then hung from a Sheppard's hook somehow. I couldn't see how they hung then, but it would be easy. They had flowers growing in them. I couldn't get better detail without trespassing. I didn't dare jeopardize spilling my coffee in an attempt to escape a shotgun wielding hippy at 7am, so I didn't go into the yard! :ROFLMAO:

Sorry for the pic.
20170603_072812.jpg
20170603_072806.jpg

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
You could use nylon fishing string, would look like they were floating then :)

Saw one of these a few years back, intrigued the Ziglets at the time :D

https://thefloatingtap.co.uk/

Jan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think they would be suitable in hot weather, tin can get very hot and burn roots.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
dizzy.gif
I don't get it, what is going on here, what is the purpose? do you grow things in hanging cans?. When i searched "Bean Can Gardening" the only hit i got was @vette-kid s post that was more about caffeine. Is this something one would do to increase their growing space?

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
View attachment 21843 I don't get it, what is going on here, what is the purpose? do you grow things in hanging cans?. When i searched "Bean Can Gardening" the only hit i got was @vette-kid s post that was more about caffeine. Is this something one would do to increase their growing space?

You hang the beans in the sun, then open them ready cooked :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
View attachment 21843 I don't get it, what is going on here, what is the purpose? do you grow things in hanging cans?. When i searched "Bean Can Gardening" the only hit i got was @vette-kid s post that was more about caffeine. Is this something one would do to increase their growing space?

I'm really not sure. I just thought it was interesting and looked kind of neat. Doesn't really go for my yard, but thought maybe some here might like it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I don't think they would be suitable in hot weather, tin can get very hot and burn roots.
Hadn't thought of that. I see people using feed bins as planters, though they are bigger so not such a problem?

Ask a Question